March 26, 2014

Dairy Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins!



One of my kids favorite foods is muffins! In fact as I type this my daughter is laying on the floor beside me crying for another muffin (yes I had to cut them off!).

Yesterday I decided to try out a new recipe and alter it to make it dairy free for my youngest two. I tried out a couple recipes together and ended up with these! They turned out great and they are loving them!


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

1&1/2 cups of oatmeal
2&2/3 cups of flour
2/3 cup of sugar
4 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 eggs beaten, can be sub. with applesauce if desired
1&1/2 cups milk or in our case Almond milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup of Chocolate Chips (in our case we use Enjoy Life Dairy free mini chocolate chips)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with liners.
1. Combine all the dry ingredients
2. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl combine wet ingredients
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry in the well and stir until it is all moistened.
5. Add the chocolate chips and stir well
6. Place in muffin tins and bake for 15-16 minutes (I always check after 12 and go from there!)

They look to be a bit dense to me. I find when I use almond milk in baking things turn out a bit more dense. But the kids love them and go through them in 2-3 days :S

No comments:

Post a Comment