February 17, 2013

No Bake Energy Bites!



So not sure about you all but I have been seeing this recipe everywhere lately! Recently one of my friends brought some to a girls night and I finally tried them out! They were delicious!!

Today I set out to make some for the kids! I modified the recipe I found at Smashed Peas and Carrots

Simply Sophie's No-Bake Energy Bites
(makes 18-20 bites depending how big you make your balls ;))

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup Rice Krispies (other recipes called for coconut, but Im not a fan so I subbed ;))
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (In our case dairy free chocolate chips so my dairy free son can have some!)
1 tsp vanilla


Mix everything into a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls. Can be stored in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. ENJOY!

(Excuse the crappy pic for the first, I had to use my crappy blackberry camera...)







Update - They have been a HUGE hit with the kids! They're almost gone already!

1 comment:

  1. Those are a great idea, I have to finish cleaning up our pantry before I go back shopping (I'm missing a few ingredients that are on your list, but if I go shopping right now, I know I will go over my budget for this month...)so I will try to make them soon, I'm sure they will be a hit with those girls that like to eat and munch all the time!

    ReplyDelete