March 20, 2016

Big life changes...

It's been a long time since I blogged. Writing has always been fun and a form of therapy for me. Sometimes I need to take breaks for my own mental health though. This past year and half has been absolutely the hardest of my life. We went through a lot which I don't care to get into right now here, but it all culminated with my husband being diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in October 2015.

We weren't given a good prognosis and decided to take a road less traveled, Naturopathic Medicine. It gave him the best quality of life we could have asked for and we spent the best 4.5 months together imaginable. Sadly on March 4th 2016 at 11:42 pm Jaime peacefully passed away. I am thankful now hes not in pain anymore, but my heart is broken and lost without him.




These have been the hardest 5 months of my life, and the last 2 weeks have been especially difficult without him. I never imagined I'd be a 32 year old Widow with three young children. The children are adjusting the best they can. We have lots of family and friends support so its helping us get through, as well as counselling.

I have a busy few weeks ahead where I plan to organize my life some more. I have really dropped the ball around home while taking care of him. I need to declutter a lot from our home, as well as safely pack up some of Jaime's belongings for the kids in the future. I've also had to buy some new furniture as our couch has fallen apart. So I'm looking forward to posting more here about decluttering and home decor!

I'm also taking some time off work to focus on the kids and healing from everything. I'm hoping to start baking more again as its something I absolutely love to do and haven't done in quite a while. So new recipes are on the horizon ;)

I'm hoping I can use this place as a safe place to process and heal from the loss of my partner. I hope what I share along the way might also help others in difficult positions of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment